Thursday, January 06, 2011

Animal gif.


MP3: Bag Raiders - Castles in the Sky
MP3:
Bag Raiders - Golden Wings

I was listening to the self titled LP from Australia's Bag Raiders that's coming out on Modular on January 25th (happy birthday Daniella & Tom!), which I'm only doing because that label is so goddamned consistent (ceo, Tame Impala, etc).

Anyway, I was on the track "Golden Wings" and the image above appeared in my Tumblr stream. Then it stays up with the rest of the album playing, seeming to go together like peanut butter and fuckin' jelly: so here we are. I'm going with it.

Dance music is going fucking nowhere lately: no one is trying. This fares better and while I can't know of it's lasting appeal, it sounds pretty dope right now. Especially when you're walking in for a pint on Thursday night DJ light show at your local dive. And that's really all you can ask for.

No comments: