Monday, October 06, 2008

Gun Outfit


MP3:
Gun Outfit - Your Will

One of my favourite labels, Post Present Medium, released a new 7 inch recently from Gun Outfit, a great band out of Olympia. I've been seeing them compared to Dinosaur Jr. and the Meat Puppets, who are both awesome, but they really are on their own level of unique and clever. The 2 guitarists do well to stand out from one another, and yet compliment the other to lay down the structure of a great song. The 7 inch is 3 gems long and you can find early versions of them and more at the band's website.

It's been nice, having just moved to Lawrence, KS recently and I didn't have the space to pack any records, just my record player. It's caused me to give serious focus on any new vinyl I get, letting me take it in and let me just say that this has been a highlight on the turntable lately. Seriously, this is a band to look out for.

{purchase the gun outfit 7 inch from ppm}

No comments: