Saturday, November 10, 2007

Clipd Beaks


MP3: Clipd Beaks - Hoarse Lords

MP3: Clipd Beaks - Black Glass

I don't think I've ever been so stumped on a write up for an album like I have been for Clipd Beaks' "Hoarse Lords" and I think it's because it is sooo good. I can't explain why, I can just tell you that it tends to get loud, spastic and sexy; the vocals crawl out through heavy layers of various instrumentation to show themselves as something special and the songs are exactly as long as you want them to be. Maybe I like it so much because it's both original and fulfilling, unlike most of the time when you hear something unique and it's really terrible (aka weird for weird's sake). Also, the artwork has breasts in it, and who doesn't love breasts?

You know what, the fact that I was able to say all of that makes me proud of myself. Thank you Clipd Beaks, for challenging me to do this. The ball is in your court now. Support this wonderful art.

"Hoarse Lords" is out now on the label on a roll Lovepump United.


{purchase clipd beaks recordings from insound}

CLIPD BEAKS GIGS:

11/10 Chicago, IL Ronny's Bar
11/11 Lafayette, IN Knickerbocker Saloon
11/12 Cincinatti, OH Gypsy Hut
11/13 Columbus, OH Bourbon St.
11/14 Oberlin, OH Oberlin College
11/15 Toronto, ONT Sneaky Dee's
11/16 Montreal, PQ Les Saints
11/17 Quebec City, QC Le Bal du Lezard
11/18 Boston, MA Obrien's Pub
11/19 Annadale-on-Hudson, NY Bard College
11/21 Providence, Rhode Island AS220
11/23 New York, NY Cake Shop
11/24 Brooklyn, NY Silent Barn
11/25 Philadelphia, PA Queen Sheba II
11/27 Purchase, NY SUNY Purchase
11/28 Washington DC The Bobby Fisher Memorial
11/29 Columbia, SC New Brookland Tavern
11/30 Atlanta, GA Lenny's Bar
12/01 Birmingham, AL Bottletree
12/02 Hot Springs, AR The Exchange
12/04 Houston, TX Proletariat
12/05 San Antonio, TX Rock Bottom Tattoo Bar
12/06 Denton, TX Secret Headquarters
12/07 Austin, TX Emo's
12/08 Oklahoma City, OK Conservatory
12/09 Albuquerque, NM The Curio
12/10 Phoenix, AZ Modified Arts

No comments: