Monday, January 29, 2007

The Finches


MP3:
The Finches - The House Under the Hill

I know of the Finches because guitar player Aaron Morgan is a member of the fantastic instrumental band the Roots of Orchis. I always make a point to check out their side projects and was surprised (pleasantly of course) to hear his work with Carolyn Pennypacker Riggs as the Finches. It's pretty folksy, but Riggs has this voice that's adorable yet serious with these lyrics that tell such wonderful stories. They all seem to be able to relate to most anyone I'm sure. They worked like gangbusters for me.

I was a huge fan of their "Six Songs" ep and I love the 2 songs I've heard from "Human Like A House", out this Tuesday on Dulc-I-Tone. I'll be looking out for it, will you?

{buy the finches recordings from the band}

No comments: