Monday, July 07, 2008

Revisting Sam Sparro


MP3: Sam Sparro - Black & Gold

MP3: Sam Sparro - Clingwrap

It's been so long ago since we last posted on Sam Sparro. It was around this time last year that I first posted and fell in love with "Black & Gold", a song so good it could very well be posted in our "Best Song Ever" columns. In fact, I liked it so much I called it my number one song of 2007. So here we are, summer 2008 and an album has finally been released here in the States. Sparro dropped his self titled debut last month and I was lucky enough to get a copy recently. So how is it?

It's really fucking good. It's not a perfect record, but for a debut it's really good. As a whole, it's very listenable, but at times you do have to make a decision regarding if you're willing to let loose and embrace minor cheesiness. But the fact is the hits are there, and stick like glue to your shoe all day. Great in the car, the club or the pool, I elect Sam Sparro by Sam Sparro as the official album of the Summer. All in favour?

"Sam Sparro" is in stores now from Universal Republic.

{purchase sam sparro recordings from insound}

No comments: