Thursday, April 12, 2007

Laakso

MP3: Laakso - Norrköping

NOTE: Today's blog comes from our long lost friend Matt Giordano. Fuck yeah. Also, this record comes highly recommended from myself as well and is the probable album of the year.

About a month or so ago I got a copy of the upcoming Laakso album in the mail, as I had been anticipating it since hearing it was finished in January from the band themselves. Laakso had been a band I held in high regard since stumbling upon them when their debut album was released in 2003. It's about four years later and their third album, Mother Am I Good Looking?, is releasing next week in Scandinavia, specifically 18 April. The hardest choice for me thus far has been to decide which song to contribute to the blog, as each track is so strong in its own right. I've chosen the track “Norrköping”, which in my mind is one of the best coming-of-age songs to surface in the past few years—and perhaps ever. Enjoy.

{import laakso's mother am i good looking from bengans}

No comments: