Thursday, September 02, 2010

Blah blah Arcade Fire.


MP3: Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
MP3: Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

I didn't think I'd ever write this post. Arcade Fire are so well known and covered on the internet that who would really want or care for another blog post praising their latest long player "The Suburbs"? I know I wouldn't. The thing about Arcade Fire is that there is something so oft-putting about them, and it's not their fault or anything but it's just they're so over-hyped. That kind of shit is a real turn off. When their second record "Neon Bible" came out, I remember Matthew telling me how surprisingly good it was and I soon found myself agreeing with him. Did we post about it? No, because who gives a fuck.

But here we are, LP3 is upon us and I'm writing this post. "The Suburbs" is really really fucking great. Yeah, it's long but there is not one song on this sucker that feels like it's filler. Yes, it plays heavily on nostalgia which is typically annoying and an easy get, but it never feels insincere and is backed by sticky-as-glue songs that is a great example of musicianship at it's finest and most creative.

Check this out if you haven't already. I posted my 2 favourite songs from the album today and they're totally 5 star worthy on your iPod. Plus scope out the internet famous thewildernessdowntown.com for their google chrome music video.

No comments: