Friday, May 07, 2010

The DOM post.


MP3: DOM - Living in America
MP3: DOM - Jesus

This one has been a long time coming: I've always meant to do a DOM post, but honestly my peers were doing such a great job at it that it didn't seem like it was the right time. Which is silly, because "Sun Bronzed Greek Gods" is 100% fantastic from start to finish, and there is no wrong time. So here we are, and I'm writing this up finally.

It's a beautiful day today, and the weekend is upon us. I am living in Massachusetts and I'm pretty glad to be here. The reason I bring all of this up is that DOM is also from MA, and their music reeks of sunny day listening. When I listen to these songs, I hear a soundtrack to this state and I feel like I'm in the right place at the right time. It's an era all right, and it's one that will always be looked at fondly.

So check these dudes out, like you haven't already. It's pop music for party animals. The good kind, not the douchey kind. Everybody is on the right kind of drugs.

Also, what a rad album cover from friend Jheri Evans (who's art is scattered all about this blog). Buy the 10 inch now and it'll ship later this month. No regrets, I promise.

No comments: