Friday, March 27, 2009

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak...


MP3:
Susanna - Jailbreak

I've been sitting on this song forever. Seriously, I've moved it down on my uploaded mp3s list on the server countless times, hoping to one day write a post to do it justice. I uploaded it on October 29th of last year... jeez.

So I don't know if I can finally fulfill my self impossed obligation to "Jailbreak", but it's time to dust it off. Here is what you need to know: Susanna has a beautiful voice and put out a beautiful record of covers from all the best bands. She opens with this song, which is by Thin Lizzy who is honestly one of my favourite bands ever. Finally (and here's where it gets perfect) she gets Bonnie 'Prince' Billy to sing on it with her. Fuck yeah. You can't beat it.

Have a great weekend everybody, it felt really fucking good to do a full week of posts again. It's been... who knows how long. Hope to keep up the momentum even a little bit. See you soon!

No comments: