Thursday, March 26, 2009

The hottest boyz.


MP3:
Casiotone For the Painfully Alone w/ Dear Nora - Hot Boyz

A collection of b-sides and singles from Casiotone For the Painfully Alone is a dream come true for any fan, and the recently released "Advance Base Battery Life" is everything you could hope for.

The biggest gem that had gone over my head in my collecting days was "Hot Boyz", a Missy Elliot cover that showed up on a States Rights Records comp way back when. It's a collaboration with the criminally underrated Dear Nora, who takes on lead vocals for one of the most awkwardly charming and completely sincere genre bending takes I've ever heard. It's a sore thumb and has been on heavy repeat for as long as I've had it.

Don't forget to be on the lookout for "Vs. Children", the next great Casiotone masterpiece coming next month. I already like it a whole bunch myself.

No comments: