Thursday, June 12, 2008

Verve Remixed 4


MP3: Marlena Shaw - California Soul (Diplo/Mad Decent remix)

MP3: Ella Fitzgerald - I Get A Kick Out Of You (Cinematic Orchestra remix)

In the past, I've noticed these Verve Remixed series sticking out on the shelves, but personally had little interest in them. Along comes volume 4 in the mail and can say that it was surprisingly enjoyable. Granted, the source material is of more interest to me and I was luckily familiar with some of the remixers.

Everyone loves jazz and everyone loves beats, so the match makes much sense. The compilation is great way to discover artists from both spectrums and some improve upon the originals. The 2 I think do that best, I've included here. If you were like me and a little weary about these things, give these tracks a shot and see if you still feel the same way.

No comments: