Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Best Song Ever: Lucky Bastard


MP3: Widower - Lucky Bastard

I wish this could be a GO TEAM post, but I only know Widower's Kevin Large so well. What I know in detail is his incredible songs, mostly off the Acres session, which today's Best Song Ever comes from.

The lyrics of "Lucky Bastard" have stopped me in my tracks most anytime I've listened to it: it's the ultimate mission statement of a great man. The music itself is a godsend, the rare reasoning behind the greatness of just someone playing a guitar and putting it all out there for whoever is listening.

Kevin is playing by himself these days, and I can only hope that will mean a return to form, but whatever may be will be and I will always think Lucky Bastard is a bad ass fucking track.

No comments: