Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pelle Carlberg


MP3: Pelle Carlberg - I Love You, You Imbecile

MP3: Pelle Carlberg - Crying All the Way to the Pawnshop

The wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL blog that is Swedesplease first turned me onto Pelle Carlberg with "I Love You, You Imbecile" and I was hooked. The lp "In A Nutshell", available from everyone's favourite label Labrador has made it over here to the states thanks to Twentyseven Records (who are on quite a roll with providing us Americans great Swedish tunes). What's it sound like? Well, think Swedish pop of course. I've read early Belle & Sebastian and I can roll with that. It's definitely a light hearted and fun romp. Plus the bio on his website offers the fun fact that he "dislikes male chauvinist pigs". Who doesn't?!

Video for "I Love You, You Imbecile"

{buy pelle carlberg releases from parasol}
{stream "in a nutshell" from fanatic promotion}

No comments: